May 4, 2020
Dear FPDS Families,
We are excited that we are able to open Summer Camp on Monday, May 11th. Our hours will be 7am-6pm, Monday-Friday. Our class sizes are reduced drastically with 10 students per class, so we will be accepting enrollment on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost of camp will be $200 per week per student. We are not able to offer partial weeks. The weeks of Memorial Day and Independence Day will be $160. If you have already paid a deposit, it will be used toward your first week of attendance. If we are forced to close due to reinstatement of a Shelter at Home Order, your payments for days that we are closed will be reimbursed on a pro-rated basis (see “Summer Camp Payments” below).
Initial Registration will be open Wednesday, May 6th from 8am-6pm. Additional registration periods may be scheduled based on available spaces. You will be notified by the end of day Thursday, May 7th and billed for the week of May 11th if you have selected that week. ***Due to limited class sizes, if you register for a week, you will be billed for that week regardless of attendance.***
Tuition payments made for April tuition are being processed now for reimbursement. You should receive these by check in the mail within the week.
All staff and students will be screened prior to entry each day (see “Screening Procedures” below). If you arrive and there is a line for screening, please maintain a 6’ distance from the nearest persons. It may be advisable at times to remain in your car until there are fewer people waiting. Parents and visitors will not be allowed into the building.
We ask that you arrive between 7am-9am each morning and plan for pick-up daily between 4:30-6pm. If you need to drop off later or pick up earlier, please ring the bell and remain outside for the hall monitor to come and screen your child for entry or to call for your child to be dismissed.
All students will be required to wear a mask at all times and maintain social distancing. We encourage you to purchase a mask that fits your child well and is comfortable. Please begin teaching your child the importance of these procedures prior to their arrival at camp.
We will not be allowing intermixing of classes to reduce each child’s exposure to their class. We will be increasing cleaning procedures with the playground and restrooms cleaned frequently throughout the day, particularly between classes. In addition, we are assigning teachers to your child’s classroom on a weekly basis to limit exposure.
Every child should bring each day:
· A mask to wear
· A beach towel (for sitting outside for lunches and classes when the weather allows)
· A water bottle
· A healthy lunch in containers which your child can manage
· An art kit with crayons or markers, scissors, and glue stick (These supplies may be left for the week in their room.)
· A book to read on your child’s reading level – Elementary and Middle School will have reading periods throughout the day.
· A backpack with individual toys/games/puzzles (Electronics will be allowed for brief periods during the day and for longer periods on days of inclement weather.)
Each day, your child will be provided with a morning and afternoon snack prepared in accordance with CDC guidelines. We will be providing supplementary lessons in science, math, Spanish, ELA, and social studies throughout the week. We are not allowed at this time to offer field trips, but we are prepared to offer them as soon as they are permitted and will be in communication with you at that time with details.
We understand that this may not be the environment that is best for every child. We will be teaching lessons on signaling emotions while wearing masks and preventing spread of germs. We encourage you to talk with your child about not touching their friends and maintaining 6’ of distance from others even while playing. If your child is experiencing separation anxiety, we encourage you to wait to enroll your child until they are able to confidently walk away from you into their classroom.
We look forward to seeing you and continuing to serve your family!
Grace and peace,
Rev. Rebecca Luter, Pastor
Linda Turner, Managing Director
Gretchen Burch, Program Director
Summer Camp Payments
All Summer Camp is pre-paid. $200/week ; the weeks of Memorial Day and Independence Day will be pro-rated at $160/week.
If you register for a week of camp, due to limited enrollment, you will be billed for that week of camp regardless of whether you attend.
Payment must be received by Thursday at 6pm in order to attend the following week (for the first week, payment must be received by Friday the 8th at 6pm in order to attend on May 11th).
Students must be on the class list in order to be dropped off.
Methods of payment:
Check placed in locked box.
In the event that we are forced to close due to reinstatement of Shelter at Home Order, we will reimburse on a pro-rated basis.
· All staff and students will be screened upon arrival prior to entering the building.
· Persons with temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher may not enter.
· All persons will be screened with the following questions:
1. Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
2. Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
3. Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
4. Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
5. Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
Persons answering yes to any of the screening questions will not be allowed to enter the building and will be advised to seek medical care and/or COVID-19 testing, per CDC guidelines.
The confidentiality of this health information will be maintained.
A few procedural notes:
· If there is a line at drop-off or pick-up, please wait in your car until the line is shorter.
· For the safety of staff and other families, parents are asked to wear a mask during drop-off and pick-up.
· Please put on your mask and your child’s mask before approaching the building.
· Children will need to separate from their parent after screening and walk (without holding hands) to their classroom with a staff member.
“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread…, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. God will not leave you or forsake you.”